Are you a landlord?
As a landlord, it is a legal requirement that you provide your tenant(s) with an up-to-date Gas Safety record. By law, landlords must have all LPG appliances serviced regularly, normally once a year by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
DJS Plumbing and Heating Ltd has a team of experienced, qualified and well-trained engineers who are on the Gas Safe Register. We provide a Gas Safety record when we complete a gas safety check of your property’s LPG appliances. What information does the Landlord’s Gas Safety record contain?
Our LPG gas safety check will cover
- Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
- The address of the property at which the appliance and/or flue is installed
- The name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
- Description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
- Date on which the appliance and/or flue was checked
- Any defect identified and any action required or taken to fix it
- Confirmation of the results of operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.
For a gas safety check, essential safety checks are done to make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
These checks include
- Checking the flue or chimney to make sure the products of combustion (fumes) are being safely removed to outside.
- Checking there is an adequate supply of fresh air so the gas burns properly.
- Checking the appliance is burning the gas properly.
- Checking all safety devices are working properly and shutting the appliance off if a fault occurs.